Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon Goals!

Ok, so I've been having kind of a blogging slump and don't really feel like posting about nothing, so I think I'm going to make this blog more about books, i.e.- the books I'm reading, books I've bought, books I want to read, and what I think of the books. I think that'll keep me motivated to keep this blog going. That and I can kind of link this with my Youtube channel and get some more motivation from there. 

With that in mind, my first "official book blog" is going to be about the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon! =] I'm super excited for this read-a-thon, especially after the Deweys Read-a-thon I did in April. I have a pretty big TBR (to be read) list for the month of May, partially because of this read-a-thon.. And let's be serious, I went a little nuts at the library a few times recently. 

My goals for this read-a-thon are:


  1. Finish the books I'm currently reading
  2. Read one book per day (a bunch of the books on my TBR list are shorter)
  3. Participate in challenges
  4. Get some sleep! 


I have a tendency to stay up ridiculously late, especially when I'm reading, so that last goal is probably going to be the hardest to accomplish =P

Alright, now onto the actual books I want to finish:


  • Cress by Marissa Meyer
  • Jailbird by Kurt Vonegaut
  • A Deodorizer of Dead Dogs by Ambrose Bierce, edited by Carl Japiske


The books I haven't started as of today but that I want to read during the read-a-thon are:


  • Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger, Stories include:
    • A Perfect Day for Bananafish
    • Uncle Wiggly in Connecticut
    • Just Before the War with the Eskimos
    • The Laughing Man
    • Down at the Dinghy
    • For Esme- with Love & Squalor
    • Pretty Mountain & Green My Eyes
    • De Daumier-Smith's Blue Period
    • Teddy
  • Franny & Zooey by J.D. Salinger
  • The Original Winnie the Pooh Treasury by A.A. Milne, Books in this treasury include
    • An Expotition to the North Pole
    • Piglet Meets a Heffalump
    • Pooh goes visiting and Pooh and Piglet Nearly Catch a Woozle
    • Eeyore Has a Birthday
    • Piglet is Entirely Surrounded by Water
    • Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees
    • Christopher Robin Gives Pooh a Party
    • Kanga and Baby Roo Come to the Forest
  • The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Bette Smith
  • Fight Club by Chuck Palaniuk

A lot of these are short stories (J.D. Salinger & especially the Pooh books) so I hope I can read those pretty quickly. I'm going to count each of those as one book though because I don't think that would really be fair to raise my count with them. 

I hope to be posting updates every day of what I've read, how many pages I've read, and then possibly do some reviews after everything is all said and done.                                                  

On the off chance that I actually finish all of these books, I will start these:

  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
  • The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth (if it comes into the library!!)

I'm getting tired just thinking about all of these books but I'm really excited!!

Happy reading!

<3 Poison

 Oh! I almost forgot! I will be tweeting throughout the day while I'm reading as well as using Instagram for challenges. I'll also put up a video or two on YouTube throughout the week about my progress. Click the links to get to the various pages! Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment