Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Books I'm Looking Forward To (River City Reading/Bought of Books Challenge)

It's that time, the time when I list the 10 books that I'm most looking forward to. I love this challenge, but it was pretty hard for me to complete for the sole reason that I have sooooo many that I want to read and trimming the list down to 10 was almost impossible. But I did. I'm also adding in a little blurb as to why I'm looking forward to reading these books because well, honestly, I forget the reason why, but I'm doing it anyway, so just go with it? Okay? Okay. Yup I just shamelessly threw in a TFiOS reference. That might be on my list. Who knows. I guess you're going to have to wait and see.

Here's my list (in no particular order):

1. Winter by Marissa Meyer

  • I'm about 150 pages away from the end of Cress, and I know I'm going to want to read Winter ASAP, but sadly it's not coming out until next year. Sad day. But I just recently read the first reference to Winter in Cress and it made me excited to see what she brings to the storyline and if she's a good character or evil. Muahahahahaha. 
2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare 
  •  I'm pretty late, it seems, on the Cassandra Clare front. I just recently found out about the Mortal Instruments series so I checked out her website and found the Internal Devices series. It sounds awesome and has been raved about by many a booktuber (I'm most impressed by Katytastic's enthusiasm for the series, putting it in her top series of all time alongside Harry Potter and the Hunger Games), so yeah. There's that.
3. Insurgent & Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  • I know, I know, these are two separate books, but I'm counting them as one because they're in the same series. I absolutely loved Divergent and am waiting, somewhat impatiently, for Insurgent to come into the library. Current hold count: hold #34 on 39 circulating copies. That's better than the original #64 holds, or something like that. We're getting there. 
4. I've Got You Under My Skin by Mary Higgins Clark
  • I recently finished Moonlight Becomes You by Ms. Clark and absolutely loved it. The story was so suspenseful and kept me on my toes and was intense until the last moment. I can't wait to read all of her books. Not kidding.
5. Rooms: A Novel by Lauren Oliver
  • I've heard a lot of great things about Lauren Oliver. I've never actually read anything by her, but I thought this would be a good book to start with since I believe it's about ghosts and what they see while living in the walls of a house. I don't think I've ever heard of, and I know I definitely haven't read, a book from the perspective of a ghost so I'm super excited about it.
6. Panic by Lauren Oliver
  • Yup totally just realized that I want to read another Lauren Oliver book. Awkward ineptitude engaged. I think this sounds really interesting and I think I'm going to enjoy this very much. It's going on my "to put on hold" list and will be one of the next ones I get from the library. Ya know, once I finish my insane amount of books that I both currently have checked out and that are currently on hold. I think that number's somewhere between 10 & 15. Yikes.
7. Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
  • I recently started watching the tv show version of this book and am loving it. I've talked a little bit about it in my Mapril Favorites video. My mom read it recently and we've been comparing notes on the two stories and the tv show seems to be a lot different from the book, but nonetheless I don't want any spoilers for the tv show. I know, weird. I usually read books before movies but for some reason this one's opposite. I guess it had to happen sometime.
8. Mansfield Park by Jane Austin
  • I ordered this book off of http://bookoutlet.com while they were having their spring cleaning sale, so it cost me no more than $3.00, which was super exciting. The story sounds awesome and I just can't wait to read it. It will be my first Jane Austin novel in a very, very long time and might even be the first one I've ever gotten through. Whoops.
9. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: A Graphic Novel by Robert Louis Stevenson
  • I've been getting into the more creepy side of fiction lately, and this is a classic story that I feel like I should read. Plus I just really want to read it in the first place. I also got this from the BookOutlet spring cleaning sale so it was super cheap. I can't wait to see what it's like!
10. King Lear by William Shakespeare
  • Another BookOutlet steal. I'm super excited because, based on the description, King Lear goes nuts, and I love stories like that. Call me crazy, but I do. I just do. This makes me wish I could get a more specific delivery date from the shipping company. Gr. 

So yeah that's my list of top 10 books I'm most looking forward to. I can't wait to get my hands on these books and read, read, read!

No comments:

Post a Comment