Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Vday!

Happy Valentine's Day people!

I don't know about you, but I'm one of those people who enjoys Vday even if I don't have a significant other. Today's traditionally about romantic love, but there are all sorts of other kinds of love in the world, like friends and family. Today I spent some time with my Pop Pop who is currently in a rehab facility after breaking his hip about a month ago. I asked him to be my Valentine last week and his face literally lit up. It was so freaking adorable. So today when we went to visit him, I brought a valentine that I made for him. He is such an incredible man and it's hard seeing him so weak but I'm grateful that he's making good strides in his recovery. The other people in the rehab are also really adorable. I'm starting to make friends with some of the men who are always in the dining room when we go in there. As I was saying goodbye to my Pop Pop and kissed him on the cheek, like three men started asking where their kisses were. It was kinda weird but sweet at the same time. A woman challenged me to wheelchair races the next time I come in. She called me by my name which was weird until I realized I was wearing the sweatshirt that has my name on the back. =P


I hope everyone's Valentine's Day was great and you got to spend time with your loved ones!

Here's my Pop Pop! =]




No comments:

Post a Comment